Yale Infectious Diseases provides patient care and consultation for ambulatory and hospitalized patients with every variety of infectious disease. Specialized services are offered in such areas as traveler's health, HIV, and related disorders. Research explores such areas as microbial pathogenesis, pneumonia, and UTI in older adults; HIV; meningitis and international health; and nosocomial infections.
- Central nervous system infections
- Fungal infections
- Nosocomial infection control and management
- Expertise in treating infections in solid organ and stem cell transplantation
- Comprehensive AIDS care and prevention services for people living with and at risk for HIV
- Multiple observational studies and clinical trial expertise in the study of HIV, HCV, immunology of aging, pneumonia, pseudomonas, TB (including MDR), urinary tract infections, and vector borne disease
Ben Mamoun, Choukri